This craft is easy and fun for kids of all ages, as they make colourful and unique creations! You can use the technique to make a regular painting, or partially cover with solid-coloured cardstock, with a cut out of your favourite shape.
*Adult supervision required; younger children should be supervised so they don’t get soap in their mouths through the straw.
* Plastic cups (one for each colour – 3 or 4 would be best)
* Straws (one for each cup)
* Paint (3 or 4 different colours)
* Dish washing liquid
* Cardstock (thick paper, cut into desired sizes)
* Add about 1 tablespoon of paint, 2 tablespoons dish washing liquid, and 2 tablespoons of water to each cup.
* Mix, using a straw, and start blowing bubbles until the bubbly mixture rises above the rim of the cup.
* Place the paper over the cup, and lift it back up (kind of like a stamp).
* Continue “stamping” the paper until it’s all full.
* Optional: Cut out large shapes into a solid-coloured piece of cardstock, which can be layered on top.
Project idea and picture by the Happy Go Lucky blog. Check out their website for lots of fun projects.