Confused girlfriend

Dear Queenie,

My boyfriend and I live with his parents and I help with the housework, but they complain if I don’t do the dishes too.

My boyfriend used to help me out financially, but he doesn’t do that any more, and I have to have his permission if I want to go anywhere or even just talk to someone in my family or a friend.

Queenie, what can I do?—Confused girlfriend

Dear Girlfriend,

Your boyfriend has made you completely dependent on him. This is a form of abuse.

There must be organisations in your community that can help you get away from him. Contact them for help and get away from him as soon as you can.

The Daily Herald

Copyright © 2020 All copyrights on articles and/or content of The Caribbean Herald N.V. dba The Daily Herald are reserved.

Without permission of The Daily Herald no copyrighted content may be used by anyone.

Comodo SSL

Hosted by

© 2024 The Daily Herald. All Rights Reserved.