All grown up, but still a victim

Dear Queenie,

  I was sexually abused when I was little and now I have problems when it comes to having sex with my husband. He knows about the abuse and he tries to be understanding, but it is still a problem for me – and for him too.

  I have been told I need psychological therapy, but it would be so embarrassing to talk about all this to a stranger.

  Queenie, help!—All grown up, but still a victim

Dear Victim,

  Your doctor should be able to help you find a therapist to whom you can talk without feeling embarrassed. Keep in mind that the therapist will not judge you for what happened to you; it is his job to help you work out the problems it has caused you.