The controversial container on Mullet Bay Beach open for business on Wednesday afternoon.
PHILIPSBURG--Minister of Public Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and Infrastructure VROMI Egbert Doran said on Wednesday the business which placed a container on Mullet Bay Beach has been given an order to remove it.
The container controversially appeared on the beach last month, sparking criticism from environment groups and persons who frequent the popular swimming spot.
Doran said last month the business has a permit for water sports and a restaurant in that location. However, VROMI did not issue a permit for a container.
Doran said at the time that he was discussing with VROMI civil servants to find out whether a separate permit was necessary for a container to be placed on the beach.
The business had beach chairs in front of the premises on Wednesday afternoon and was advertising drinks on sale and kayaks for rent.