Time for another fun project. Who ever got sick of playing with slime? Not anyone we know. Let’s make some spooky and squishy slime, just in time for some Halloween fun!
* large bowl for mixing
* spoon for mixing
* newspaper or wax paper
* 4 ounces of clear Elmer’s glue (or white/ coloured glue)
* 3 to 5 drops food colouring (orange, green, or any colour you like)
* 2 tablespoons baking soda
* 1 tablespoon contact lens solution
* confetti or glitter
* First, prepare the table so that you don’t get food colouring on it: lay down some newspaper or was paper.
* Mix glue and food colouring in your bowl.
* Add the confetti and mix.
* Add baking soda and mix well.
* Add the contact lens solution. Mix and knead until it thickens. This may take a few minutes.
* If it’s too sticky, add a few more drops of contact lens solution and knead again.
* Store in a sealed container.
A few notes before you start: Usually, we don’t talk about brands, but Elmer’s glue seems to be the best and some other glues may not work. The brand of contact lens solution also matters. Have an adult read the label to make sure it contains boric acid, because that’s what reacts with the glue to form the slime.
Make it your own: Think about the colours. You can make a classic green slime, or make it orange like a pumpkin. If you use clear glue, it will look glossy; and if you use white glue, the colours will look a little brighter and “solid”. You can also just use white glue and skip the colouring to make white slime. When we say “confetti”, that can really be any shape or colour, like black bats or spiders, but you can also use googly eyes. If you store the slime in glass jars, you can draw cute faces on them, so that they look like pumpkins or monsters.