NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Peter, located about 100 miles north-northwest of the northern Leeward Islands, and on Tropical Storm Rose, located over the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.
1. Showers and thunderstorms are currently somewhat limited associated with a tropical wave located a few hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands. However, environmental conditions are expected to become more conducive for development, and a tropical depression is likely to form by Thursday or Friday while the system moves westward at 10 to 15 mph across the eastern and central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A storm-force, non-tropical low pressure system, the remnants of Odette, is located about 700 miles west-northwest of the westernmost Azores. This low could acquire some subtropical characteristics over marginally warm waters during the next few days while it executes a small cyclonic loop over the north-central Atlantic Ocean. However, by the end of the week, this system is expected to encounter more hostile environmental conditions..
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.