NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sun Sep 26 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane Sam, located about 900 miles east-southeast of the northern Leeward Islands.
An elongated area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms associated with the remnants of Peter is located a few hundred miles southeast of Bermuda. Upper-level winds only appear marginally conducive for some slow development of this disturbance over the next couple of days as it moves northeastward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
A tropical wave is expected to move off the west coast of Africa on Monday. Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual development thereafter, and a tropical depression could form by midweek while the system moves westward to west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over the far eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
A broad area of low pressure could form over the eastern or central tropical Atlantic early this week, to the west of the tropical wave that will be moving off the coast of Africa. Thereafter, environmental conditions could support some development of this disturbance while it moves westward at 5 to 10 mph through the middle of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.