The festive season is a great time to be with loved ones and friends and to treat yourself; but it is also a good time to invest in your community. Buy a $10 ticket and support youth-, Christmas- and disaster relief-programs from K1 Britannia Foundation.
K1 Britannia Foundation is hosting a Holiday Fundraising Raffle with a draw date only two weeks away on December 15. Buying a $10 raffle ticket gets you a chance to win round trip tickets from WINAIR to Statia with accommodations at Golden Rock Resort, Dive & Nature Resort, a two-night all-inclusive stay at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa, a round trip JetBlue flight to any destination in the USA (valued at $500) sponsored by Intermar, a three-night stay at Oyster Bay Beach Resort or a weekend stay at Holland House Beach Hotel.
The fundraising raffle is a fun way to get involved in the community, help others, and maybe win a little something for yourself as the five amazing prizes means there is something for everyone!
How you help and make an impact
Individual support, once multiplied by the community at large, increases the impact to the youth and the communities we serve in disasters or crises. All proceeds go towards our ongoing programs as well as our upcoming Christmas Programs, which are as follows:
- Work, Training and Social Development (WTSD) Program: The 10-month program, ending in July 2023, seeks to increase the employability of youth coming from vulnerable and troubled backgrounds by providing work experience, a scholarship, life-skills and “work-ready” workshops and volunteer placements amongst other key elements, such as, mentors and tutors.
- Foster Care Program: The program consists of a mentorship program and a tutoring program. Each sub-program aims to support children in foster care with emotional and educational support to help with their development. Support helps with the recruitment, training and support needed once mentors and children are matched.
- K1 DIRECT (K1’s Disaster Relief and Crisis Team): K1’s Disaster Relief & Crisis Team consists of volunteers trained in various medical, psychosocial and disaster management areas. Support helps to keep the volunteers trained as well as to obtain the equipment and supplies needed to effectively assist in disasters.
- Christmas Angels: With the help of the community, over 400 gifts will be collected and distributed through different Christmas parties for various vulnerable groups on the island, ranging from foster children and Sr. Basilia Center clients to seniors from District Nursing.
- Project Hope: Project Hope’s aim is to encourage struggling families during the Holiday season. A number of families are selected to receive a special food box with extra additions and gifts for their children and much needed school materials, such as laptops and/or tablets for teenagers in the household. The Dutch Marines and the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee alongside K1 visit the homes days before Christmas.
Ticket locations: Tickets are being sold at the K1 Britannia Foundation Office at Brooks Tower, Suite A3 in Philipsburg, Van Dorp in Simpson Bay, and at Carrefour, Cost U Less, Prime, and Sunny Foods on Saturdays until the draw date of December 15. Persons can also purchase raffle tickets during “Christmas Angels” on December 1-5 from 9:00am to 6:00pm at the Government Building.