Fun-filled village theme and bargains galore promised!
TelEm Group staffers have turned Black Friday into a Wacky Telco event now stretching over two days, giving new meaning to “dress down Friday” at least one time each year, when they don their wackiest costumes to compete against each other and their participating customers for the “wackiest dress prize” of the day.
It’s all part of the fun enjoyed with the annual staging of Wacky Telco Friday, featuring Block Buster deals, bargain prices on products and services, giveaways, and the chance to win prizes and the grand US $1,000 prize.
This year, the organizers have added “plus” to their title to signify a host of additional activities that will be taking place on Friday, November 29, and Saturday, November 30.
Over the two days, visitors to the main TelEm building on Pond Island can enjoy the following:
- An early morning start with door-buster deals and different hourly deals that will be announced during a live radio broadcast tomorrow morning.
- A Wacky Telco Friday Village with food and various arts and crafts, in a specially set-up area of TelEm’s parking lot.
- Youngsters will have a chance to have fun climbing onto two giant parked vehicles on Saturday.
- A bouncy play area and other activities to keep children busy and excited, including a free movie and popcorn in a TelTV viewing area.
- According to Marketing & Sales Manager Grisha Heyliger, tomorrow’s event will also feature a “Happy Hour” gathering for adults, during which the popular Control Band and two DJs will provide entertainment.
Commercial partners joining TelEm Group in the two-day event are Motorworld, who will be promoting vehicle sales, Windward Islands Bank, CC1, Caribbean Palms, Smart Home Concepts, Domino’s Pizza, Carousel and others.
“We have prepared two days of non-stop wacky fun for our customers and members of the public this weekend and we encourage everyone to come out and take part,” said Heyliger.
As with previous years, Grisha expects persons to come into the building sporting their own wacky costumes to get into the spirit of the day along with staff, who will most definitely be taking the opportunity to create a carnival-like atmosphere for everyone.
Showing a customer all that was on offer during last year’s Wacky Telco Friday event, Heyliger said, “We heard so many comments in the past years from people who could not leave their jobs to come and take advantage of some of the fantastic offers we have for Wacky Telco Friday, because of their jobs or other commitments for the day. It was left for us to accommodate especially this group of customers, by extending our sales to Saturday and adding on some ‘extra’ activities here and there to make the best of the initiative.”
Heyliger says all age groups are covered, so there is definitely something for everyone on both days. Send a WhatsApp message to TelEm Group at +1 721 529 9000 or visit the Website www.telem.sx and Facebook page TelCell NV, for more information about the event and for specials that will be on offer.