Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Thu Aug 1, 2019
1. An area of disturbed weather located near the northwest Bahamas is forecast to move northward, producing locally heavy rainfall over portions of Cuba, the Bahamas, and Florida during the next day or two. Conditions could briefly become marginally conducive for development over the weekend before the system merges with a front and accelerates northeast off the southeast U.S. coast on Sunday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. A broad low-pressure system located about 1000 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Only gradual development of this system is expected for the next day or so while it moves west-northwest at 10 to 15 mph. Environmental conditions could become more supportive by Saturday and a tropical depression is likely to form over the weekend, several hundred miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.